[SOLVED] Firefox Icon

Questions about software.
wildman

[SOLVED] Firefox Icon

Postby wildman » 19 Mar 2018 14:13

Just did some updates and Firefox's icon(s) are gone. Here is what was updated...

solydxk-welcome
solydx-system-adjustments-9
solydxk-system
6 apparmor packages
Wildman
May the Source be with you.

ilu

Re: Firefox Icon

Postby ilu » 19 Mar 2018 16:40

I can guess from your previous posts that you use SolydX9 but it would be helpful to provide this information with every thread you start.

Where are the firefox (standard or ESR?) icons gone? Desktop? Menu? What theme are you using?

wildman

Re: Firefox Icon

Postby wildman » 22 Mar 2018 21:53

Sorry, it took so long to reply. I have been on vacation the last few days. No electronics was with me.
ilu wrote:I can guess from your previous posts that you use SolydX9 but it would be helpful to provide this information with every thread you start.
Of course, I should have provided more info. Yes, you are correct. I am using SolydX9. The Firefox version is 59.0.1 standard edition.
ilu wrote:Where are the firefox (standard or ESR?) icons gone? Desktop? Menu? What theme are you using?
The icon for the menu entry and a panel launcher. The window button still had the icon. There is a dead link in /opt/firefox/icons called mosicon128.png that points to /opt/firefox/browser/icons/mosicon128.png. The directory /icons/ and the .png do not exist.

While I was poking around I found the Firefox icons in /opt/firefox/browser/chrome/icons/default/. Maybe a recent Firefox update moved them and I didn't notice until after the updates I mentioned in the OP. Funny thing though, when I bring up the properties of the panel launcher to set the icon, the firefox icon is not under 'applications icons' or 'all icons'. I had to point to it directly as an 'image file'.

Anyway, I set the launcher and the menu entry to use the newly discovered icons and all is well.
Wildman
May the Source be with you.

Return to “Software”