SeedDMS & Typo3 Neos

Questions specific to SolydK Back Office
laurentiu

SeedDMS & Typo3 Neos

Postby laurentiu » 05 Jan 2014 11:49

A Happy and a Solyd New Year, Schoelje & co!
First of all thank you for the excellent distros of Solyd released in 2013!
I was just reviewing the "core" programs of BO and found that letodms.com is out of service. Then I found SeedDms http://www.seeddms.org which claims to be "the continuation of LetoDMS, because it has lost its main developer. SeedDMS is an easy to use but powerful Open Source Document Management System based on PHP and MySQL or sqlite3. Many years of development has made it a mature and enterprise ready plattform for sharing and storing documents. It's fully compatible with LetoDMS". And what is really nice is Integration with TYPO3, documents from SeedDMS can easily be made public through the popular CMS TYPO3, even if this work in still in progress.
What do you think about it? Will SeedDMS be the replacement of LetoDms or you will consider Nuxeo, LifeRay, Alfresco, OpenDocMan or Plone?
And finally a small idea: it would be nice to have the Typo 3 Neos http://neos.typo3.org/ as default.
Best regards,

Arjen Balfoort
Site Admin

Re: SeedDMS & Typo3 Neos

Postby Arjen Balfoort » 06 Jan 2014 12:20

SeeDMS sounds good. I will check it out after the UP.
Packaging for letoDMS is easy, because it's in the repositories.
Packaging SeeDMS shouldn't be too hard (zurmo is complicated).

Could you explain what is the difference between Typo3 Neos and the regular Typo3, and why it should be added, and even made default (what is the added value of Typo3 Neos)?

If you find anything that further integrates our used packages, please let me know.

SolydXK needs you!
Development | Testing | Translations

Return to “SolydK Back Office”